FAIR is campaigning and lobbying on a number of issues which affect Australia's library and information sector. They are based on the Library Agenda produced in the run up to the last federal election.
When there is a call to action, whether it is about these issues or another threat to Australians' Freedom of Access to Information and Resources, we will feature the campaign on the home page of this website
To understand what FAIR thinks about each issue, see the list below.
- Copyright law reform and Cooking for Copyright
- Cybersafety and the problems with internet filtering
- Digitising our nation’s history
- Encouraging children to read
- Evidence-based decisions in law, health and business
- Evidence-based policy making
- Learning at any age
- Qualified library staff in schools
- Supporting Australia's book industry
- Well funded public libraries
From time to time, we will ask our supporters to get involved or to make a donation about specific campaigns.
FAIR will be accountable and transparent to its supporters. We will publish donation reports so that our supporters can see where their money has been spent.
If you would like to become a supporter of FAIR, sign up for our mailing list.