Truth Integrity Knowledge
The Truth, Integrity, Knowledge (TIK) campaign ran throughout 2019. The campaign focused on why librarianship is one of the most trusted professions in Australia and how people working in libraries (whether LIS qualified or from another discipline) promote the free flow of information and ideas in the interests of all Australians. It will remind people that, in a society driven by fake news and the 24-hour media cycle, they can rely on libraries for quality information.
As part of the campaign ALIA created a ’10 ways’ poster, 10 ways that library and information professionals promote truth, integrity and knowledge. Through 2019, 10 guest bloggers from the library and information profession wrote articles for the campaign on the FAIR website which highlighted how and why their chosen ideal is so important to library and information professionals holding the integrity to provide truthful knowledge to users.
Throughout the year we encouraged you to share your thoughts and opinions on the matter and to talk about the campaign on social media using #ALIATIK and by emailing your thoughts you have to ALIA to (email@example.com).
ALIA also created a series of topical fact sheets on key issues.
You can read more about the segments of the campaign by visiting the blog posts below:
- Campaign announcement
- Theme 10 reveal – Collaboration
- Theme 9 reveal – Open access
- Theme 8 reveal – Privacy
- Theme 7 reveal – Equity
- Theme 6 reveal – Freedom of expression
- Theme 5 reveal – Indigenous knowledge
- Theme 4 reveal – Digital expertise and inclusion
- Theme 3 reveal – Evidence-based
- Theme 2 reveal – Freedom of information
- Theme 1 reveal – Trusted professionals
- Poster launch
- TIK Pin
- Theme 1 blog – Trusted professionals
- Theme 2 blog – Freedom of information
- Theme 3 blog – Evidence-based
- Theme 4 blog – Digital expertise and inclusion
- Theme 5 blog – Indigenous knowledge
- Theme 6 blog – Freedom of expression
- Theme 7 blog – Equity
- Theme 8 blog – Privacy
- Theme 9 blog – Open access
- Theme 10 blog – Collaboration
- TIK fact sheets
- Truth Integrity Knowledge campaign wrap-up